Vision offers counselling and psychology services to NDIS participants with a current NDIS plan.
- You must be 18 years and over
- Your plan must include the support category – Improved daily living skills (CB daily activity)
- You should be able to attend a Vision office at one of our Vision office locations
- You are welcome to email a copy of your plan to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can understand your support
If you do not yet have an NDIS plan make contact with NDIS as soon as possible to see if you are eligible for support – https://www.ndis.gov.au/applying-access-ndis/am-i-eligible
Telephone NDIS – 1800 800 110
Website NDIS – https://www.ndis.gov.au/contact
Our Perth NDIS counsellors and psychologists can help you to
- identify and work towards new goals
- find relief from negative feelings
- minimise the impact of anxiety and depression in your life
- find new tools and techniques for coping with challenges
- manage mental health disorders by creating a plan, offering support and treatment with a trained professional
- improve your social skills to develop and enhance your relationships
- feel more independent
What does psychology and counselling help with?
Counselling and psychology can assist in various areas. Some of these are:
- Difficulty making (important) decisions
- Family or relationship issues
- Treatment for depression
- Treatment for anxiety
- Low self esteem
- Anger management
- Coping with death/separation/divorce
- Stress and stress management
- Sexual abuse
- Career change or job loss
- Adapting to life transitions
- Difficult life events
- Traumatic experiences
- Social difficulties
- Phobias and fears
- Behavioural issues
- Pain management
Often a good place to start is just talking about whatever it is that either concerns you or what you would like to achieve through counselling or psychology.
Therapy can provide you with new skills and strategies to move towards the goals you have set for yourself. Therapy can be an empowering process that can help you to build and make use of your own resources and make long lasting changes.
How can psychologists and counsellors help family members, partners and support workers?
Family members, partners and support workers may find themselves experiencing times where it is difficult to come to terms with the disability and adapting to a lifestyle that might involve a number of challenges.
Research has shown that carers are better able to support and advocate for family members with disability by having their own socio-emotional needs attended to within a therapeutic relationship such as counselling and psychology.
At Vision Counselling and Psychology we are aware of the impact a disability can have on family members, partners and support workers. That is why we offer our assistance to help you be the best support you can be for your loved one in times when it might be tough or particularly hard going. The aim is to provide a safe and supportive environment for you to discuss your concerns and explore ways of making things more manageable.
What is the NDIS?
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a new way of providing support for Australians with disability, their families and carers.
Why access counselling and psychology through the NDIS?
Accessing counselling and psychology through the NDIS will ensure that you receive the support that is best tailored for your needs whilst the quality of the service isn’t compromised.
As you receive funding through the NDIS according to your assessed needs, the financial side of things will be taken care of through the scheme and you can fully concentrate on working towards your goals.
What can you expect from your Vision NDIS psychologist or NDIS counsellor?
Your NDIS psychologist or NDIS counsellor will focus on your individual journey and goals. They will recognise that it is you who is taking centre stage and will follow your lead.
When working with Vision Counselling and Psychology we usually start by exploring what it is that you would like to achieve. Together we can create a plan that contains your goals and this will be the basis of our work together. These goals are a great way to measure progress but can always be adjusted along the way to suit your needs and circumstances should they change during our time together.
The following services can all be a part of your NDIS Plan to reach your goals –
If you would like to access these therapy services, you can speak with your NDIS Planner, your Support Coordinator, or contact us.
We are here to support you to reach your goals. We look forward to meeting you and joining you on your journey.
Vision Counselling and Psychology offers –
- Multiple Perth and WA rural locations
- Individual service plans and reviews for every participant
- Individual service considerations for every participant
- No waiting lists, start immediately
- Post therapy support offered
To find out more about Perth counselling or psychology services for NDIS, contact us today.