Anxiety is probably more common than you think.
In fact, it is the most common mental health disorder.
Anxiety can be experienced in relation to something specific or a combination of many things.
Did you know … Anxiety disorders affect 18% of women and 11% of men? (ABS, 2007)
Common Symptoms of Anxiety
- feeling irritable or on edge
- disturbed sleeping patterns
- feeling scared or fearful
- losing patience easily or having outbursts
- being pessimistic and focusing more on negative aspects of situations
Physical Symptoms of Anxiety
- muscle tension and headaches
- difficulty concentrating
- influencing a flare of other illnesses e.g. skin disorders such as dermatitis, migraines or asthma
(Beyond Blue, 2014)
7 Ways To Reduce Your Anxiety
Use Relaxation techniques such as meditation and progressive muscle relaxation
Use mindfulness techniques
Make use of your social support network
Access support groups and online forums
Engage in regular exercise
Follow a healthy well-balanced diet
Seek professional help from a psychologist
Help To Reduce Anxiety
Many services are available that target treatment of anxiety symptoms.
If anxiety is making your day to day life difficult, it may be a good idea to speak with your doctor about your options.
If you would like assistance in the treatment for anxiety or to find a psychologist in Perth, contact us today.